Saturday 8 November 2008

you're not 19 forever, pull yourselves together

A little reminder for all you 19 year olds, your last year as a teenager, don't know about you but that scares me a little. I think I'll always feel 17, I'm stuck in there somewhere.

Tried to get your attention all night long
Asked you once, I asked you twice, asked you four times
If you'd like to dance to that song
Front crawled the crowd down the stairs
And I followed you out in the rain
Nowhere to be found
Never mind
You'll probably never look that pretty again

You're not nineteen forever, pull yourself together
I know it seems strange but things, they change
Older woman and an ever-so-slightly younger man
God bless the band
They're doing all they can

You're not nineteen forever
You're not nineteen forever


Bir başka 19 takıntılı grup The Long Blondes'un dağılması beni melankolik ruh hallerine itiyor birkaç haftadır.

1 comment:

berraque said...

19 yasında biri olarak dogum gunu falan bile kutlamak istemedim bu yasa girerken .
her zaman sinir oldugum bi yaştı .
zaten yaslanmaktan korkarım .
simdi boyle ole bi yaş ki ne 18 çıtırlıgı ,
ne 20 yasın sacma garip olgunlugu ..

so , it scares the hell outta me too .

since we're only 19 for god's sake we don't need a bf.
still <3 the long blondes