Sunday 23 November 2008

the idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting



Dün Londra Hayward Gallery'deki Andy Warhol sergisindeydim. Bütün gün Warhol'un tüm filmlerini, The Factory'de arkadaşlarıyla takılıp havadan sudan konuşurken çekilmiş videolarını izledim. Valerie Solanas'ın ona yazdığı mektupları gördükten sonra hala garip bir ruh hali içindeyim. Andy Warhol'un dış görünüşü konusunda aşırı derecede takıntılı olduğunu, bu yüzden burnuna estetik yaptırdığını öğrendim. Hala o filmlerin siyah beyazlığında ve hışırtılı seslerinde Andy Warhol'un ruhunun varlığını hissettiğimi düşünüyorum desem fazla mı klişe olur?

"Being born is like being kidnapped. And then sold into slavery."

"In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

"Andy Warhol: I think everybody should like everybody.
Gene Swenson: Is that what Pop Art is all about?
Andy Warhol: Yes, it's liking things. "

"I'm a deeply superficial person."

"People should fall in love with their eyes closed. Just close your eyes. Don't look and it's magic."

"Before I was shot, I always thought that I was more half-there than all-there - I always suspected that I was watching TV instead of living life… Right when I was being shot and ever since, I knew that I was watching television. The channels switch, but it's all television."

"Dying is the most embarrassing thing that can ever happen to you, because someone's got to take care of all your details."

"If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface of my paintings and films and me, there I am. There's nothing behind it."

"Sex is more exciting on the screen and between the pages than between the sheets."













PS: Valerie Solanas, sergide ve bir sürü diğer yerde belirtildiği gibi "mentally disturbed" bir insan değildi, bence dünyanın en mantıklı insanıydı hatta, Warhol'u vurması hayat hikayesini okuyan her insanın anlayabileceği nedenlere dayalıydı.

No comments: