Thursday 25 September 2008

for my first girlfriend, may our relationship finally rest in peace

I finally got to watch "The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love" today. I had seen the first 10 minutes about 6 months ago in Istanbul, and finished it over here in Canterbury half an hour ago.

The credits of the film caught my attention: "For my first girlfriend, may our relationship finally rest in peace." It's kind of ironic that around the time I began watching that film 6 months ago, I was trying very, very hard to get over my first girlfriend. I'm still not over her, and I probably won't ever be, but I'm finally at peace with her not being part of my life anymore. So, may our relationship finally rest in peace..


There is that in me - I do not know what it is - but I know it is in
me.

Wrench'd and sweaty - calm and cool then my body becomes,
I sleep - I sleep long.

I do not know it - it is without name - it is a word unsaid,
It is not in any dictionary, utterance, symbol.

The past and present wilt - I have fill'd them, emptied them.
And proceed to fill my next fold of the future.

I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yaws over the roofs of the world.

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fibre your blood.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.

No comments: