Sunday 3 February 2008

run quick, they're behind us

I once had a friend called Helena. To me, she was the beginning of everything. We instantly connected after she found me. We talked for hours about anything and drunk-dialed each other every once in a while. We did everything together. She would stay at my house for a week and I'd stay at hers the next. It was like we were addicted to each other. I needed her, feeling like my heart was going to explode if I didn't talk to her for a few hours. The more time we spent together, the more we became alike. It was getting harder to draw the line between her and me.
I was obsessed with her. There were times when I looked inside myself and couldn't be sure whether my thoughts even belonged to me or not. Looking back now, I can see they mostly belonged to her. She had completely taken over me. Our friendship lasted only for 4 months, and after she was gone, I was devastated. It's been 3 years and no one could replace her. I'll never recover from this.

your eyes tell the stories of a day you wish you could
recall the moments that once have
retrack the footsteps that brought us to this favor
i wouldn't ask this of you

good eye, sniper
i shoot, you run
the words you scribbled on the walls
the loss of friends you didn't have
i called you and the time is right
are you in or are you out?

bye bye beautiful
don't bother to write
disturbed by your words and they're calling all cars
face step, let down. face step, step down.

No comments: