Tuesday 24 March 2009

xiao xin-- come back in time, come back

"Saosin, it's this Chinese proverb, which means... like... keep your heart small, because nothing is forever. You know. Don't let yourself get attached to something, because that thing's gonna be gone eventually.."

Dün gece uyumaya çalışırken uzun zamandır izlememiş olduğum -ve sabah uyandığım anda Amazon'u açıp DVD'sini aldığım- film The Grind ve filmde çalan Blindside-Pitiful geldi aklıma. Şarkıyı ilk duyduğumda "Oha bu adamın sesine aşık olabilirim ben" diye düşündüğümü hatırlıyorum. Cool ya da soğuk kelimeleri geliyor sesi tanımlamaya çalıştığımda aklıma, çok seksi bir ses kesinlikle. Bilmiyorum, bi garip işte. Mükemmel bir şarkı.

As I recall with my stomach turning
I was hiding away from myself, away from you
Like nothing, though something was terribly wrong
And I admit that I was only waiting for the right time
Night time, the right moment for you to look away
Though you never did, I pretended for a while
So I could walk where I don't belong

And I remember every word you said
Come back in time, come back
And I remember I would soon be dead
Now so pitiful, so pitiful

But I know, as I hammered those nails into your beautiful hands
Your eyes still try to search for mine, but I look away
Now your eyes are the only thing that can save me
I'm still so afraid of them piercing
You're breaking into my prison,
Just pretended for a while
My soul is dying
I won't look away

And I remember every word you said...

I'll remember every word you said
This time I won't look away.

No comments: